POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Newbie's first flame !! : Re: Newbie's first flame !! Server Time
19 Aug 2024 22:15:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Newbie's first flame !!
From: Jens Nober
Date: 15 Oct 2000 10:56:31
Message: <39E9C59E.2DF67D98@stud.informatik.uni-trier.de>
Chris Huff wrote:

> This looks very good...though it looks too big for a candle flame. Maybe
> for an oil lamp or torch...or maybe you just caught the candle in
> mid-sputter.

... or I just make the candle bigger ;-)
But seriously, you are right. That leads to a new problem:

How to scale down an object with interior media.

I tried to adapt the size to use the flame in an image, but when
I scale down the cylinder which contains the media, the media gets
"weaker", and finally it vanishes.

I also tried to put a scale down in the density statements, but then
the media lost its structure and looked really boring.

> > ( I hope the image is displayed, I never tried to post one before )
>
> You posted a PNG, JPEGs are generally preferred here, both for size(it
> was a small file, so it doesn't really matter), and for ease of viewing,
> many people have software that won't display PNG files in the message,
> which forcing them to save it and open it in another
> program(MT-NewsWatcher 3.0, for example).

Oh... noted. Thank you.

Jens